TRW Tier 4 General Student Visa
Courses for students requiring a Tier 4 student visa.
Enables international students to get a tier 4 general student visa.
TRW Diploma level 1: 1 year
TRW Diploma level 2: 2 years
TRW Diploma level 3: 3 years
TRW Diploma level 4: 4 years.
If you want to come and study in the UK for more than 6 months then this is what you will need to do.
Click HERE for visa document requirements.
GENERAL STUDENT TIER 4 VISA FACT SHEET
Who can apply for a general TIER 4 student visa to study?
To qualify you will need to score 40 points under the points based system:
- 30 points for having a valid confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS), which you get for studying a course at an acceptable level with an approved education provider (also known as a ‘Tier 4 sponsor’), and for having acceptable English language skills; This means you need an approved English language certificate at B1 level. To check which English tests are approved check this link: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/new-approved-english-tests.pdf
- 10 points for having enough money (also known as maintenance or funds) to cover your course fees and living costs
Which documents do you need to submit to the embassy?
- You will need to obtain a CAS number from the college.
- This number will be issued to you upon receipt of a copy of your passport,
- a copy of your approved English language certificate and
- full payment of the course fees.
To show you have enough funds the money you should provide original bank statements officially translated into English showing:
- that you have held the required money for a consecutive 28-day period (finishing on the date of the closing balance) ending no more than one month before your application.
- If you are supported by your parents you could show your parent’s bank account where the money has been for a consecutive 28-day period (finishing on the date of the closing balance) ending no more than one month before your application. In addition to that you should provide a letter from your parents, their passport copies as well as your birth certificate.
To calculate how much money you need you should have £800 or £1000 if in inner London for each month of study with a maximum of 9 months.
Example: 6 month course would require 6X800= £4800 or 6 x 1000= £6000
12 month course would require 9X800= £7200 or 9 x £1000= £9000.
Which form should I submit?
PLEASE REMEMBER ALL DOCUMENTS SHOULD BE ORIGINALS AND IN ENGLISH.