Music Production Qualifications at TRW
Next course starts Tuesday 9th September 2014.
We are approved by Rockschool to provide their QCF Level 3 & 4 qualifications which is really great because their approach is very realistically grounded in what skills potential sound engineers and music producers need to acquire. These qualifications are the equivalent of several A levels and provide credits towards getting a place at a university.
On top of that we are also approved by Edexcel for their BTEC Music Production Higher National Diploma level 5 qualification. This is a real step up for TRW but it shows what level our training is equivalent to. This is a Higher Education (HE) college qualification as opposed to Further Education (FE) and is the equivalent of the 2nd year of a university degree. This means our graduates qualify to enter the 3rd or final year of a degree at a university.
BUT this course is different to the usual HND courses delivered by universities and colleges.
- No written work necessary
- 95% of the course is hands-on practical.
- All assignments based on practical work
- Skills developed in Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Ableton Live, Reason, Multi track digital & analogue recording, mixing & mastering, synthesizer programming, sound design, designing & setting up recording studios and a lot more
- The Recording Workshop has been delivering music production courses much longer than nearly any other college (25 years).
- All tutors are industry professionals.
- Caters of all genres of musical styles.
- No more than 4 PEOPLE per course.
- All facilities necessary for producing an album available.
- Target is for all students to achieve a distinction.
- Lots more….
Past TRW graduates are invited to apply for these qualifications.