Courses for students requiring a Tier 4 student visa.

Enables international students to get a tier 4 general student visa to study at TRW in the UK.

If you want to come and study in the UK for more than 6 months then you have to do one of the following courses:

RSL Music Practitioner Diploma (incs. Subsidiary Diploma year 1) – 2 years. Entry requirements: no qualifications needed other than English language.


BTEC Music Production Higher National Diploma – 2 years. Entry requirement: Equivalent of at least 1 A level grade C + English language. Good for UK based A level students who have turned 18.


Visa students can only study for up to 2 years in the UK.

Click HERE for visa document requirements.


Who can apply for a general TIER 4 student visa to study?

To qualify you will need to score 40 points under the points based system:

  • 30 points for having a valid confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS), which you get for studying a course at an acceptable level with an approved education provider (also known as a ‘Tier 4 sponsor’), and for having acceptable English language skills; This means you need an approved English language certificate at B1 level. To check which English tests are approved check this link:
  • 10 points for having enough money (also known as maintenance or funds) to cover your course fees and living costs


Which documents do you need to submit to the embassy?

  • You will need to obtain a CAS number from the college.
  • This number will be issued to you upon receipt of a copy of your passport,
  • a copy of your approved English language certificate and
  • full payment of the course fees.


To show you have enough funds the money you should provide original bank statements officially translated into English showing:

  • that you have held the required money for a consecutive 28-day period (finishing on the date of the closing balance) ending no more than one month before your application.
  • If you are supported by your parents you could show your parent’s bank account where the money has been for a consecutive 28-day period (finishing on the date of the closing balance) ending no more than one month before your application. In addition to that you should provide a letter from your parents, their passport copies as well as your birth certificate.

To calculate how much money you need you should have £800 or £1000 if in inner London for each month of study with a maximum of 9 months.

Example: 6 month course would require 6X800= £4800 or 6 x 1000= £6000

12 month course would require 9X800= £7200 or 9 x £1000= £9000.

Which form should I submit?